Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How many damn cupholders does a passenger need? The Chrysler Town and Country for example has too many, but a brilliant armrest/console design

Above you can se the regular position, up front for the center console and drivers cupholder use
Ah HA! Do the drivers of Town and Country vans really need two more cupholders?
So this has three parts on slides, and comes right back to the passengers. That is a damn cool center console designed with more storage, 3 layers, and mobility to slide to the back in 2 stages


But look at the way the 2nd row passengers get this cupholder slid back to them... cool.
Look even further and see a cupholder in the sidedoor... now why does each passenger need two cup holders? The people in front have the holders under the radio, the ones in their doors, and then the center console can either be for them, or the 2nd row people who also have door cupholders

3 comments:

  1. Did you shoot these photographs? If so, would you be willing to allow me to use them for a design guide I'm working on? The company I work for produces the slide that makes the console move easily in this vehicle, but we don't have any application images of it in use. I'd love the opportunity to use what you have here, if at all possible. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I did. Sure, if you'll send me a copy, sure!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely! Thanks, I'll be in touch. At some point, the design guide will be on our website too. I'll put your name in for photo credit.

    ReplyDelete