Sunday, October 30, 2011

I bought a new car today, the sum of the car comparison I did over the past month. I bought the Hyundai Veloster

Just bought my Veloster today, After everything I'd posted already, just yesterday my phone rang and the dealership I'd called to see if they had what I wanted called me back after 2 or 3 days after telling me they couldn't locate the car I wanted, basics with stick shift, no sunroof, no upgraded option stereo, and in white. I called the dealership I was told about, GOScH Hyundai http://www.goschhyundai.com/ , from the info that Kearny Mesa Hyundai gave me, and Mark at GOScH went out, put his hands on it to verify that it had nothing but the color I wanted, and at 4 pm, I told him I'd be there when they opened to buy it.
 
I had the best dealership of the dozen I've been to this month, and they are one of the most remote... 15 miles from the 215 at the 15 215 split is the small town of Hemet.. 100 miles from where I live roughly, is GOScH Hyundai.
 
 Price of a coke is the lowest at 50 cents, of any dealership or any business I've been to in years. Nice people, Mark Link was my salesman, Paul is the manager. It took about 3 hours, and that's about typical in my 2 new car purchases this year, but I've never bought new cars before. No surprises, unlike San Diego's Courtesy Chevrolet in Mission Valley, who made mistakes, forgot paperwork, and I had to go back to to resign all the contract stuff.

Expect to spend about 2 thou over the window sticker, for the Teflon and interior treatment, extended warranty (tell them you'll only pay 1350, not 1650 for the 10 120k miles) and double check the way the rear auxiliary reflectors are mounted, one of mine isn't in correctly.

Here was something I've never heard of, put $500 down, and Hyundai will match that $500, and in effect, you'll see $1000 off the price. I've never heard of this before. http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2009/04/jobloss-protection-hyundai-assurance-plus-and-the-best-deals.html

Also the Hyundai Assurance is something to the effect that if you lose your job, Hyundai will take it back...

The dealership cleaning/detailing has me upset, they weren't taking their time to do it right.. I'm talking about the front and side windows not getting fully swiped, you can see the missed areas.

Even with the lack of a perfect cleaning, I am still recommending GOScH Hyundai.

If you want to read other people's experiences with Hyundai and the Veloster, someone made a .org forum to get the word out that it's ridiculously difficult to buy the car in the options and colors you want http://www.veloster.org/forum/8-hyundai-veloster-general-discussion/2215-dealers-really-hyundais-problem.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment