Thursday, December 26, 2013

'Twas the night before Christmas out in the garage, no trace of a Ford, only my Dodge.

The presents were wrapped, the lights were all lit, So I figured I'd mess with my 69 for a bit.

I pulled the pins and lifted off the hood, a voice behind me said "440 six pack looks good!"

Well, as you can imagine, I turned mighty quick, And there, by the workbench, stood good ol Saint Nick!

We stood there a bit, not too sure what to say, Then he said "don't suppose that you'd trade for my sleigh?"

I said "no way, Santa" and started to grin, "But if you've got time we could go for a spin!"

His round little mouth, all tied up like a bow, Turned into a smile and he said "Hey! Let's go!!"

So as not to disturb all the neighbors' retreat, We pushed my Bee quietly out to the street.

Then, taking our places to drift down the hill, I turned on the key and I let the gas spill.

The sound that erupted took him by surprise, But he liked it a lot, by the look in his eyes.

With tires smoking and the pipes a-flow, We headed on out where the street racers go.

And Santa's grin widened, approaching his ears, With every shift up, as I went through the gears.

Then he yelled "can't recall when I've felt so alive!" So I backed off the gas and said "you wanna drive?"

Ol Santa was stunned when I gave him the keys, When he walked past the headlights he shook at the knees!

Then the Big block exploded with a thunderous sound! Santa dumped the pedal and the tires shook the ground!

Power shift into second, again into third! I sat there just watching, at loss for a word.

Then I heard him exclaim as we blasted from sight, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, It's a HELL of a night!

from, and modified for poetry flow, https://www.facebook.com/groups/dcsboc/

No comments:

Post a Comment